Sunday, February 14, 2010

Fiddleheads

Yesterday I went to The Purple Purl and took my first class for the Fiddlehead Mittens. I tried taking a colour knitting class many years ago and I hated it. I decided that colour knitting just wasn't for me and gave up. Then I saw the Fiddleheads and I had to make them so I decided to give it another go. After some bumps along the way with the yarn choices (I decided not to do the kit), I finally was back to knitting. The yarn is Mission Falls in purple and lavender and I love the way this is working out. The colour knitting is not as difficult as I remember. I suppose part of that is because I taught myself to knit English style and even though I'm still not very good at it, it works well with stranded knitting. I'm just about to start the thumb gusset and couldn't be more pleased. I hope I continue to feel this way. Kate Atherley is a great teacher and I highly recommend taking one of her classes if you ever get the chance. Now I can't wait to take her math for knitters, designing socks, and finishing classes.

Friday night I cast on the socks for Shayna. I just started the gusset for the heel and hope to get that done today. Despite my dislike of her yarn colour choice I love the way the colours are knitting up. I know Shayna likes the yarn. Now I hope she likes the way they look once they're all done.


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 11:14 a.m., Blogger Maggie said…

    That yarn actually turned out really nice, despite the colours! It's knitting up beautifully and I'm so glad. :) I took care to be random with the colour placement. I hope the other skein behaves the same way!

    Also, I can't believe you're knitting the Fiddleheads! If you can do it, so can I. I'm going to try that pattern soon. It's just so gorgeous.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL