Friday, February 12, 2010

Knitting Olympics

I have been really bad about posting lately. I've been busy spinning and knitting. I have a lovely blend of bison, cashmere and silk that I'm spinning on Seraphina (my Matchless) . On Lizbeth (Suzie Pro) I'm spinning some Ashford merino/silk. Finally, I'm spinning a teal corriedale on Rose (Ladybug). Except for the corriedale I'm aiming for lace weight so this helps avoid getting bored since lace takes me so long to spin. I am looking forward to finally finishing the Ashford because I've already spun up a bunch of the cinnamon and this is the last of that colour I have.

I've been busy knitting socks for the grandchildren. I finished 6 pairs for them and sent them off to my daughter last week. They arrived yesterday and I'm waiting for pictures of the socks on their feet. I have one pair for each to finish and then have to knit two pairs for my oldest granddaughter and her friend. She chose the colour. She said she wanted funky in green and yellow. I tried to find yarn that had just green and yellow and I wasn't successful so I asked Maggie from Dyed in the Wool Handmade to dye some for me. I sent Shayna a picture and she loves it. The yarn for both are now wound into centre pull balls and ready to go.


I know that there will be the Ravelympics on Ravelry again for the Winter Olympics. Originally I was going to participate but when I saw that The Yarn Harlot was doing the Knitting Olympics again I had to do it there. You see when they did the Knitting Olympics back in 2006 I tried to get a shawl done but failed because life got in the way and I didn't get a gold medal. I know it might sound silly but I was really upset. So here I am back again to try for another gold metal. I am going to knit the two pairs of socks for GD and her friend because frankly I need some incentive to get these done. Green is my least favourite colour. Frankly I can't stand them but I don't have to wear them just knit them. I'll also finish a pair of socks for my grandson. I work weekdays and tend to fall asleep early in the evenings so this will be a challenge to get done.

Ravelry also has another group for a 2010 Mystery Lace KAL. There will be a different clue for each month of the year. This is the clue for January. The yarn is my own handspun from Fleece Artist Merino/Silk sliver that I bought at Gemini Fibres.


On Saturday I finally finished Revontuli. I made this one from Meilenweit Solo sock yarn. I like the longer colour repeats. I just have to find the time to block it. Since I still have the first Revontuli I knit from Noro to block who knows when that will be.



My final craziness for this year is a challenge from Miko at The Purple Purl. She decided to come up with a knitting challenge similar to the cooking challenge in Julie & Julia. The challenge should you decide to accept it is to knit through all the patterns of a any knitting book of your choice over the next 12 months. The challenge began on February 1, 2010 and will end Jan. 31, 2011. We will have a big bash at The Purl when it is all over and done with. For this challenge I've chosen to knit all the samples in Knitting Lace by Susan E. Lewis. There are 92 samples in all and I'm already behind. I've only done these two so far. I've decided to do them separately and then join them all together when I'm done.


With all this knitting I hope I'll still have time for spinning.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 11:07 p.m., Blogger Maggie said…

    Ah, but that's what makes it a challenge...the colours! I'm thrilled the girls love it the yarn, even though it's not our personal taste, and it's good to know that the young girls still think I'm funky. :D

    I can't wait to see the finished socks on the girls! Modelling shots, please, if Henny can take some photos! <3

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL