Monday, February 15, 2010

Why Can't I Be Monogamous...

You'd think with me trying to get a gold medal in the Knitting Olympics I would be monogamous and only working on the stuff I need to get done by the closing ceremonies. That's not the case right now. So here's the knitting I did yesterday.

I am now past the thumb gusset and I might even get to the end of this mitten, minus the actual thumb, by the next class on Saturday.

I must really be enjoying knitting these mittens because I am seriously considering getting the kit and doing it in all the different colour. I'm also starting to look at coloured knitting a little differently. Now THAT'S scary. Anyone who knows me and my knitting will attest to that.

I am just about to start the ribbing on the first sock and should have this one done today. Then I'll cast on for the second sock. My goal for today is to get past the toe.

Finally, yesterday the February clue came out for the 2010 Lace KALendar. There is a choice of hard love or sweet love. The hard love pattern has a pattern row on every row. The sweet love has resting rows on the wrong side except for the faggoting section. I've never done the hearts this way so I decided to do the hard love. I'm still debating if I want to do one repeat of the sweet love after I do a few more repeats of these hearts. Sadly the lighting is very bad today and the colour is really off.

Tomorrow it's back to work so not as much knitting will get done. However, it's also Snb night so I'll be up later than I usual am on a weeknight since I won't be home to fall asleep in the chair.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:58 p.m., Blogger Maggie said…

    I'm falling in love with these mittens more and more ever since Adrian designed them. I'm thinking of dyeing up a palate of yarns to give the pattern a try. I'm not much of a colour knitter, either, but I WANTY these mittens!

    Gotta say, I'm really happy with the way that yarn knitted up in the sock. :) It was exactly what I had in mind and I'm so glad it worked out.

     
  • At 10:59 a.m., Blogger Dreams of Yarn said…

    WOW, I cant believe YOU are doing color work, you who said it wasn't for you. That's awesome, so glad you are enjoying it! Cant wait to see them tonight! I'm bringing my selbu mitts and we can do mitten work together :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL