Friday, July 20, 2012

1 Week Post Surgery

Today is a week since I went through the surgery.  I am very pleased with how things are progressing thus far and, thankfully, so are the people I've seen at the hospital. I went to the wound treatment clinic today.  Only 1 bandage needed changing.  The only incision that is still oozing is the right thigh. My right arm looked great on Wednesday and the nurse didn't even put a strip under tape (on top of the incision) before the tape was used and there is no additional oozing.  The right thigh seems to be the only one that is having a little bit of oozing but even that isn't anything major.  I go back to the wound clinic on Monday and I think they'll have to change more than just the right thigh but only time will tell.

I have already noticed a  lot of differences and there is still tons of healing to go through and swelling to go down.  I think the most obvious right now is no more what I used to call "squishy bum."  No matter what I did I always had that problem at any time of the day or night.  I'll spare you the details.  I'm sure many know just what I'm talking about. 

I've been on blood pressure medication for many years.  While the amount of medication I take has gone down, I haven't been able to kick it completely yet.  I believe now, it's only a matter of time before I will be able to stop the last 1/2 tablet I'm taking. It's a little too soon to tell but my blood pressure is now low and while I was in the hospital they stopped one of the 1/2 tablets I was taking.  Even with just 1/2 tablet of the last BP tablet my BP is low. We'll see how things go as my life gets back to normal.  It'll be interested to see if going back to work will cause a raise in blood pressure.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:28 p.m., Anonymous Chelle said…

    Wow Rochelle, I haven't seen you in ages and now it seems like I wouldn't recognize you if we passed on the street! You look fabulous and happy. I hope that you heal up quickly after surgery!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL